Monday, November 3, 2008

Ethan the thumb sucker


I have to start this by saying it truly is the cutest thing I have EVER seen!

Within the last few weeks Ethan has turned into our little thumb sucker. I was a little aprehensive at first, but seeing him with that little thumb in his mouth has won me over.

Christina and Dominic both took a pacifier. I should say take, since Dominic still has his, and Christina uses hers still at naps and bedtime. We've tried several different options to get rid of them, but in the end, we buy more or give them back. We're wimps.

I said this time I'd try and go without. See if we could get him to NOT take one. But with nursing, and him constantly sucking or crying, we went ahead and tried. When he took to it we figured we'd have another one with a "mouth" (Christina and Dominic's name for their pacifiers) and for a while there we did. But he's very happy now with his thumb instead. Infact, if you try to give him the pacifier, which I usually try to when I go to put him to bed, he spits it out and in pops the thumb.

It's actually nice that he can "find" it in the middle of the night and sooth himself back to sleep. I still sometimes get screams from Christina that she can't find her mouth in the middle of the night!

I guess I need to remember that no kid (at least none that I know) graduated from high school with his thumb in his mouth. I know at some time we're going to have to break all three of them of these yucky habits, but for now, well I'm just happy they sleep!



1 comment:

Grammy Chris said...

ETHAN,
I KNEW YOU'D BE A THUMB SUCKER. I GOT A PICTURE OF YOU ON MY LAP SUCKING YOUR THUMB WHEN YOU WERE JUST A FEW WEEKS OLD.SEE YOU AT THANKS GIVING.LOVE YA GRAMMY